Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pushing the Norm

    No, I'm not talking about George Wendt.  You know, I've been thinking about how long I've been keeping a sort of running dialog both by writing them on paper and passing them through my brain.  When I do, I realize it's been running on twelve years now.  I first started jotting down my thoughts using a word processor on an old Atari 800 XL and saving them to disk (5 1/4" floppies, that's old school, man!).  Now, being the 21st century and all, I keep a somewhat censored side of my thoughts here on my blog.  Why?  Well, I guess mostly in part that it keeps me from going insane or worse, having a complete psychotic breakdown.  Ok, that's kind of extreme, right?  Well, maybe not.  I'm not sure.

    I'm just stuck in another rut, mainly.  Doing the same thing everyday gets to me after awhile.  Maybe I should take another week of vacation.  But what would I do?  I need to find a way to break out of my normal routine and do something new for a change.  Any suggestions?

I thought about doing the following...
  • Taking a roadtrip and snapping some photos.
  • Try a Zen meditation day trip over at Green Gulch
  • Go try the Full Moon Feast at Three Stone Hearth in Berkeley
  • Stroll through the embarcadero and pier 39 in San Francisco
Sounds fun, huh?

No comments: