Saturday, October 13, 2007

Out of Touch with Reality or Just Old Fashioned?

    Are my interests only common with a few select people in the world or have I just lost touch with the reality of today's society?  Maybe I ask myself too many questions, but this one seems to be a common one among my ponderous internal dialog.  Dressed in black topped with a nice Stetson fedora, I write this blog post.  Though fedoras are long out of style, as I sit here at Borders bookstore there are a couple of girls wearing fedoras as well.  It's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes a little style.  Now I know I'm not completely old fashioned, right?  I suppose if I lived in a bigger city I might see more people wearing them.  What's funny is that after living here in Pleasanton for four years now it is turning into another Oakdale for me.  That's a bit of an esoteric statement, but I know some friends that would understand once they read this.  It will have to remain esoteric for now since it would take too long to explain growing up in Oakdale.  When I moved here to Pleasanton/Dublin/Tri Valley/East Bay/Whatever-you-want-to-call-this-place, I loved it.  This is a place that has a lot more variety and things to do here.  Now, after four years this place has seemed to have shrunk down in my mind.  Maybe I should move to a bigger city.  San Francisco?  New York?  Ahh, who am I kidding.  I just need to get out more.  Will that integrate me more with society?  I damn well hope so.

No comments: